- What is your line of work?
- Do you feel like it’s valuable?
- Do you feel like it’s spiritual?
- How do you relate with God about your work?
- What is the goal of your work?
- How would you know if you’d been successful?
- What does success depend upon?
- What difference would success in your work make to other people?
- Why is that important to God?
- What’s the best way of achieving success?
- What resources are available to you for this?
- What help will you need?
- Why will your work be difficult?
- Why wouldn’t people want you to succeed?
- Who are you in competition with?
- What skills will you need to do your work well?
- How can you learn or improve those skills?
- Is there anything holding you back from developing or using these skills?
- What are the most difficult parts of your work?
- Do you ever feel like giving up, or working less hard? Why?
- What do you do when you feel like giving up?
- What helps you continue to put effort into work?
These are all things which we can consider and even study in the Bible – but they’re also things that are great to share with friends who will pray for you, as well as to talk about in your workplace.
The Bible is filled with examples of God at work, and of people at work while being in relationship with God.
Who are your favourite Bible characters? Read their stories and look for the components of work that we talked about in the podcast:
- Achievement – what are they trying to achieve?
- Value – why is that valuable?
- Strategy – how do they try to be effective?
- Opposition – does anyone try to stop their work?
- Skill – what do they have to be good at?
- Effort – how is the work difficult?
Now look for God at work in those stories, and look for those components in His work.